What is MMHRC?
Through an exciting content and social media strategy, and strategic partnerships with private industry and community-based organizations, we are building the largest network of moms who have experienced or who are currently experiencing a mental illness and are ready to engage in the research process.
Our vision will be accomplished by:
- Developing research priorities that are based on the wants, needs and preferences of moms who are part of our community. In collaboration with our partners, we will fund and conduct applied research that addresses what moms have identified as most important to their mental health recovery and ongoing symptom management.
- Equipping moms with the information and skills necessary to be active participants in research through easy to understand, accessible online training, tools, and webinars.
- Using our research to create tools and training opportunities for moms and healthcare providers that directly impact each of these groups ability to meet the needs of their peers and patients struggling with maternal mental illness.
- Building a network of women who are interested in immediate involvement in funded clinical trials. Moms will be able to easily find and connect with principal investigators and enroll in research projects through our partnership with Clara Health.
- Creating a knowledge translation and research dissemination network that focuses on information sharing using common, easy to understand language and terminology. We will also work with moms and healthcare providers to develop effective ways to share this vital information using technology.
Meet the Team!
Shannon Hennig, MA
Sara Beckel, CLD
Joanne Nicholson, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychiatry
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Amanda Cadran, Ph.D.
Manager, Research and Innovation
Kathleen Biebel, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychiatry
University of Massachusetts Medical School