When it comes to understanding maternal mental illness, we’re pretty sure moms with lived experience are experts. True experts. And that’s why we’ve created the Patient Expert Program.
The program is an easy way for you to get involved in the research process. You’ll be able to help set the agenda for research priorities MMHRC pursues and have a say in the kinds of tools and resources we create to help inform and educate others about mental illnesses like postpartum depression, anxiety, OCD and psychosis. We’ll also connect you in with our partner Clara Health to better understand clinical trials and the power these have to change not only your mental health but that of other moms. Participating is easy – as a Patient Expert we ask that you:
- Raise awareness about MMHRC and research online through your own social media accounts
- Participate in MMHRC social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – tell your friends, family and community to like or follow us!
- Share your story and speak your truth through blogging, presentations in your community, in online groups and with your healthcare providers
- Participate in Twitter chats presented by our partner Clara Health using the hashtag #BreakthroughCrew
When you join the Patient Expert program we’ll give you the tools you need to succeed including:
- Access to online training about research and patient engagement
- Templates for creating your own social media posts and best practice information to turn you into a social media expert
- Tips on how to share your lived experience with others
- Swag – we’re still working on this but you can expect buttons, stickers and even a tote bag
- Support and community from our Patient Expert Facebook group
To join us fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch as the program rolls out!