Peer-led. Mom-centered. Our lived experience lets us close the gap between research and advocacy.
MMHRC is a place for moms who have lived experience with a maternal mental illness and who want to engage in research.
Patient Expert Program
Knowledge and insight from a dynamic group of moms with lived experience with a maternal mental illness.
Work with MMHRC
Our strength is in our collective expertise and we’re looking for moms, researchers and practitioners to partner with us.
The Maternal Mental Health Research Collaborative (MMHRC) is a mom-centered research organization in partnership with researchers at Brandeis University.
MMHRC is a mom-centered research organization that:
- Provides a safe space where moms can share their stories of recovery from postpartum depression, anxiety and other mood disorders.
- Engages moms in important research projects that shape future treatment options for other moms.
- Builds strong partnerships with researchers to help shape future research, with the goal of making it “mom-centered.”
From our experience we know that:
- Moms want to give back and help others.
- Millions of dollars are spent every year on research that is designed to look at treatments for postpartum depression, anxiety, and psychosis – but finding moms to participate is a huge challenge!
- We have the power to bring together moms and researchers together so we can help share hope.